Enrollment will begin online or sign up in-store starting September 16th, 2012.
- Earning points for healthy choices (Walk with Walgreens, immunizations and prescriptions (where allowed by law)
- Points may be earned and redeemed in-store or online
- Exclusive AARP bonus benefits
- A very lenient expiration policy – points don’t expire as long as you shop at Walgreens either in-store or online once every six months and redeem your points within three calendar years.
- Exclusive coupon savings
- Access to the Walgreens online pharmacy chat service 24/7/365
How Do I Join?
You can join in store at the checkout counter or any photo kiosk or online either via desktop or mobile device when the program is available. Points begin to accrue immediately.
How Do I Earn Points?
We earn them by purchasing items that earn them (see example #1). Show your Balance Rewards card, scan your mobile phone or provide your telephone number to earn points on your transaction.
OK, here’s the exception. Let’s say you’ve got 5,000 points you want to use on an item, but want to earn more points. Well, you can’t.
Example Scenario #1
Buy Nature Made Calcium $5.00
You decide to use your 5,000 points you’ve been saving to purchase it.
You earn nothing. You only use your saved points.
Also, the amount of points you earn is reduced by any coupon you may use:
Example Scenario #2
Nature Made Calcium $5.00 (earns 5,000 points)
Pay: $4.00 (earn 4,000 points instead of 5,000)
How Do I Redeem Points?
They can be redeemed immediately in-store or online or you can allow them to build for a larger reward.
Do I Have to Participate?
Unfortunately, yes. You must be a Balance Rewards member to receive the sale price.
Are there still Register Rewards?
Yes and no. The new point system will replace Register Rewards, but Walgreens will still participate in National Catalina offers.