Spending money is an inevitable part of life, and there are many convenience products worth your hard-earned money. Paying a bit more for products that can save you time are well worth it in some instances.
There are also a few convenience products you can make in seconds for just a few pennies, saving you time AND money!
You can save a lot of money each year by using our tips for 5 household items you should never buy!
Foaming Hand Soap
- Add one tablespoon of concentrated soap, such as Dawn dish liquid to a foaming soap bottle. Fill the container with water and shake! Add more or less soap, depending on how you like it.
- Eliminates the need to buy hand soap!
- Add up to one tablespoon of conditioner to a spray bottle and fill with water. Shake and spray into tangled hair. Comb through hair!
- Eliminates the need to buy detangling spray!
Clorox Germ Killing Surface Spray
- Add 1.5 teaspoons of Clorox to a 22-oz spray bottle and fill with water. Shake and use on hard surfaces! Kills 99% of germs!
- Eliminates the need to buy expensive germ killing sprays and surface cleaners for the kitchen and bathroom.
Fabric Wrinkle Releaser
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of liquid fabric softener to a spray bottle and fill with water. Shake and use spray on wrinkled clothing. Works best on cottons and wrinkle free dress clothes.
- Eliminates the need for ironing and freshens clothing!
8 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup baking powder
2 tsp salt
8 tsp sugar (optional)
1 cup Shortening
Mix together dry ingredients. Then cut in 1 cup shortening with pastry blender or fork until it forms a very fine consistency. Follow directions for hundreds of Bisquick Recipes!
- Eliminates the need for multiple mixes and stores well for months.
Do you have an easy and quick household product you’ve used in place of buying expensive convenience product? Leave a comment and share your ideas!